Early Childhood Aftercare
PRESCHOOL AND TODDLER AFTERCARE
- Breakwater Early Childhood offers contracted after school care for toddlers and preschoolers on a space-available basis.
- Parents may contract per semester or year.
- To register your child, please go to the AfterCare page on our registration platform.
- Your child must be contracted in order to attend AfterCare. Drop Ins are not available.
- Register at your earliest convenience as spaces are limited.
If you have questions regarding AfterCare registration, please contact Kelly Steinhagen, AfterCare and Enrichment Director.
FRIDAY EARLY RELEASE EXTENDED CARE
Fridays 12PM-3PM for Toddler, 1:30pm-3:00pm for Preschool
- Please Note: Every Friday at Breakwater is early release day.
- Toddler early release time is 12pm and Preschool early release time is 1:30pm.
- Your child must be contracted per semester or year in order to attend Early Release Extended Care until 3:00pm.
- To register please contact the Wendy Getchell, Early Childhood Coordinator .
- If you need Aftercare beyond 3:00pm on Early Release days, please see above.
If you have questions regarding Friday Early Release Extended Care please contact Wendy Getchell, Early Childhood Coordinator.
BeforeCare for Grades PreK-8 is offered Monday-Friday from 7:30am to 8am only for students who attend Breakwater School.
BeforeCare is available for Breakwater students in preschool - Grade 8 in semester or year-long purchases. Enrollment is $5/day. Your total balance due for BeforeCare will be calculated based on the number of days selected per week. BeforeCare is held in the Dan Monday - Friday from 7:30 - 8:00 am.
At 8:00am, students will join the other arriving students on the playground.
AfterCare for Grades K-6 is offered Monday-Thursday from 3 - 6pm and Fridays from 1:30 - 6pm for all students in the Greater Portland Area.
We currently provide transportation from the following Portland Public and Private Schools:
- East End Community School
- Levey Day School
- Longfellow Elementary School
- Lyseth Elementary School
- Ocean Avenue Elementary School
- Reiche Elementary School
- Amanda C. Rowe Elementary School
Upon arrival, students check in with an AfterCare staff, and meet their friends in the gymnasium (the “Dan”) for an afternoon of exploring and creating through a variety of diverse activities.
Students can choose to join a game on the field, take part in the daily art project, engage in a service project with the Breakwater Service Squad, or find a quiet space to do their homework or read a book.
If you have questions regarding AfterCare please contact Kelly Steinhagen, AfterCare and Enrichment Director.
Middle School: The Landing
The Landing is Breakwater's after-school space for Grades 7/8.
The Landing is housed in the basement of the Jessie Building on the Breakwater campus. Students will be able to find a quiet space to do homework, spend time with friends, or engage in a self-directed project.
The Landing will be open from 3 - 6pm on Mondays - Thursdays and 1:30 - 3:30 on Fridays. There will be one lead after-school teacher. Select teachers from the day program will also make an appearance one afternoon a week in The Landing.