Early Childhood Aftercare
PRESCHOOL AND TODDLER AFTERCARE
- Breakwater Early Childhood offers contracted after school care for toddlers and preschoolers on a space-available basis.
- Parents may contract per semester or year.
- To register your child, please go to the AfterCare page on our registration platform.
- Your child must be contracted in order to attend AfterCare. Drop Ins are not available.
- Register at your earliest convenience as spaces are limited.
If you have questions regarding AfterCare registration, please contact AfterCare and Enrichment Director Kelly Steinhagen, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FRIDAY EARLY RELEASE EXTENDED CARE
Fridays 12PM-3PM for Toddler, 1:30pm-3:00pm for Preschool
- Please Note: Every Friday at Breakwater is early release day.
- Toddler early release time is 12pm and Preschool early release time is 1:30pm.
- Your child must be contracted per semester or year in order to attend Early Release Extended Care until 3:00pm.
- To register please contact Early Childhood Coordinator Wendy Getchell at email@example.com
- If you need Aftercare beyond 3:00pm on Early Release days, please go to the AfterCare page on our registration platform.
If you have questions regarding Friday Early Release Extended Care please contact Early Childhood Coordinator, Wendy Getchell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AfterCare for Grades K-5 is offered Monday-Thursday from 3:00 to 6:00pm and Fridays from 1:30-6pm for all students in the Greater Portland Area.
We currently provide transportation from the following Portland Public and Private Schools:
- Hall Elementary School
- Longfellow Elementary School
- Lyseth Elementary School
- Ocean Avenue Elementary School
- East End Community School
- Levey Day School
- We also offer transportation to and from Reiche School on Mondays and Fridays only
Upon arrival, students check in with an AfterCare staff, and meet their friends in the gymnasium (the “Dan”) for an afternoon of exploring and creating through a variety of diverse activities.
Students can choose to join a game on the field, take part in the daily art project, engage in a service project with the Breakwater Service Squad, or find a quiet space to do their homework or read a book.
If you have questions regarding Kindergarten AfterCare, please contact AfterCare and Enrichment Director Kelly Steinhagen, at email@example.com.
Middle School: The Landing
The Landing is Breakwater's brand new space for Middle Schoolers after-school!
The Landing is housed in the basement of the Jessie Building on the Breakwater campus. Students will be able to find a quiet space to do homework, spend time with friends, or engage in a self-directed project.
The Landing will be open from 3:00 - 6:00 PM on Mondays - Thursdays. There will be one lead after-school teacher. Select teachers from the day program will also make an appearance one afternoon a week in The Landing.
Note: As this is a new program, students enrolled in our fall semester of The Landing will help us develop our day-to-day happenings. How would our students like to spend their afternoons? What sorts of projects could we start? If we had a small budget, what kind of equipment would we invest in?